Immediate Theatre is committed to being representative of the diversity of the community in which we operate in all areas of the Company - Trustees, Management, staff, and freelance artists, as well as participants.
We’re looking for a dynamic and creative Marketing Officer to lead on developing and implementing the marketing and communications strategy and support the company to achieve its artistic vision.
Deadline for applications: 10am on Monday 6th June 2022
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a key role supporting the company through a period of significant growth and change. The Marketing Officer will work across our artistic programmes to increase our reach and community engagement, and support the wider Immediate Theatre team to achieve key strategic targets.
Responsible to: General Manager
Salary: £24,703 - £26,062 per annum depending on experience
Duties will include:
- Implementing the marketing and communications strategy to enable the company to reach more people, communicate our impact and raise our profile.
- Developing and maintaining Immediate Theatre’s presence on social media platforms, generating relevant content and supporting others to generate content where necessary.
- Maintaining and updating Immediate Theatre’s website ensuring content remains relevant and meets the needs of different users, working with the website designer as necessary.
- Managing the design, production and distribution of print and digital promotional materials; creating marketing materials in-house and commissioning external designers to develop materials for all programmes.
- Working with our Patron Idris Elba’s team, to maximize publicity and raise our profile and level of donations.
- Supporting the coordination of events, including planning and management of guest lists and ticket allocations.
- Managing the marketing budget across all programmes.
- Overseeing marketing and administration Interns, volunteers and placements as necessary.
Location: Immediate Theatre’s offices in Dalston Lane (moving to 10 Andre Street, E8 2AA in June) as well as other locations across Hackney. Some remote working will also be required.
Hours: 35 hours per week. Our usual office hours are 10am - 6pm. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
Please download the job pack below for full details of the role.
- Demonstrable marketing experience
- Experience of creating digital content and publicity materials
- Strong copy-writing and proof-reading skills with great attention to detail
- Interest in and good understanding of social media platforms and how to engage audiences
- The ability to deal confidently and positively with people in person, online and over the phone
- Competent Microsoft Office user with knowledge of design, video and image editing software
- An ability to think creatively and to design publicity materials
- Good administrative and organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- An understanding of and commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- A commitment to ensuring marketing content is accessible and inclusive
- A passion for the arts and reaching new audiences
HOW TO APPLY
- Please download the job pack and application form below
- Fill in the application form, ensuring you have addressed each of the criteria in the person specification, using specific examples
- Email your completed application form to: email@example.com - please insert ‘YOUR NAME: MARKETING OFFICER’ in the subject line
- Complete our online Equal Opportunities form - click here
If you require any of this information in another format or have any access requirements to complete your application, please contact Rebecca Mayer via firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office on 0207 682 3031.